- Share our unique Australian Culture – This is your opportunity to show visitors why Australia is the lucky country. Our lifestyle, the customs we celebrate, and the values we live by. As we enter an increasingly global society, international understanding and respect are becoming increasingly important. Becoming a host family is your opportunity to be a cultural guide.
- Learn about another culture – Host family / international student relationships go both ways. While your hosted student is soaking up our culture, you’ll also have the unique opportunity to learn about theirs. It’s a cultural bonding experience like no other.
- Have fun – Families who have hosted students in the past have told us how much fun the experience was. There are lots of laughs and celebration – and when it is over, most host families agree that the experience was rewarding and enriching.
- Reconnect with your Community – When you’re a local, it’s easy to take every day attractions for granted. But when you host a student, you’ll reconnect with the history of your hometown, the landmarks, the beaches, volunteer opportunities, cuisine and so much more.
- Make friendships that last a lifetime – The hosting experience rarely ends when your international student says goodbye. The connections that are made are real and long-lasting. Many host families plan trips to visit their student in his/her home country, and students often revisit Australia – and their host family – in the future.
Contact us to become an EdVenture host family today!